Role: Research Assistant.
Bio: Jade joined CRAE as an undergraduate placement student in September 2019. During her time as a placement student, Jade worked on a project examining the post-16 educational experiences of autistic young people, and assisted the CRAE team on a number of other projects. She is currently studying part-time for a Master’s in the Psychology of Education at the University of Manchester.
Research Summary: Since finishing her placement, Jade has primarily been working on the Discover Autism Research and Employment (DARE) project, examining the barriers and facilitators to successful employment for autistic people. In 2021-2022, she also worked on a project looking at the factors influencing the implementation of annual health checks for autistic people. Jade’s research interests are broad and tend to focus on the inequalities that autistic people face.
List of relevant web presences:
Five most recent publications:
- Umagami, K., Remington, A., Lloyd-Evans, B., Davies, J., & Crane, L. (2022). Loneliness in autistic adults: A systematic review. Autism.
- Crane, L., Davies, J., Fritz, A., O’Brien, S., Worsley, A., & Remington, A. (2022). Autistic young people’s experiences of transitioning to adulthood following the Children and Families Act 2014. British Educational Research Journal.
- Romualdez, A. M., Heasman, B., Walker, Z., Davies, J., & Remington, A. (2021). “People might understand me better”: Diagnostic disclosure experiences of autistic individuals in the workplace. Autism in Adulthood.
- Crane, L., Hearst, C., Ashworth, M., Davies, J., & Hill, E. L. (2021). Supporting newly identified or diagnosed autistic adults: an initial evaluation of an autistic-led programme. Journal of autism and developmental disorders.
- Crane, L., Lui, L. M., Davies, J., & Pellicano, E. (2021). Autistic parents’ views and experiences of talking about autism with their autistic children. Autism.